Verdell “Goldie” Goldberg was a dedicated, long-standing member of The Exchange Club. Through his involvement in the club and other civic organizations, Goldie demonstrated a great desire to help others, especially abused children. In September 2012 Goldie lost a long battle with pulmonary fibrosis. The Spirit of Exchange “Goldie” Award was created in his honor.
The board presents this award as appropriate and chooses from club nominations. Recipients of the award have distinguished themselves over a number of years in service to the Exchange Club of Omaha.
- Work to better the Exchange Club of Omaha and contribute to the well-being of the Club and its service to the community;
- Demonstrate a willing spirit of service for Exchange Club of Omaha programs;
- Show a real interest in the fellowship and success of the Exchange Club of Omaha, in the sincere “Spirit of Exchange,” as exemplified by Verdell “Goldie” Goldberg;
- Possess outstanding character and dignity, which reflect the highest standards of respect as represented by our Covenant of Service;
- Have been Exchange Club of Omaha members for at least 5 years.